Thursday

Parenting Express/My Child Short Story Competition

Two Australian publications which focus on parenting, My Child and Parenting Express, are hosting a short story competition on themes relating to pregnancy, birth or the first five years of child raising.  You should aim to 'move the reader emotionally - either to laughter or tears'.... certainly the story of my life as a parent: if I don't laugh, I cry!!!  

The competition opens on 30th November and there is a plethora of goodies for prizes, and importantly, the opportunity for your story to be the featured article in both publications. Three runners up will also be published and received a pile of goodies too.

Entry fee: Free

Prize:  First prize: featured publication, writing course from Sydney Writers Centre, gifts, magazine subscription, book - it's a bonanza!

Open to: Australian residents, ages 18+

Word length: Maximum 850 words

Deadline:  18 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment